Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Reading Rainbow???

Okay, so once upon a time, I actually belonged to a book club. I know that some of you may find that hard to believe, but it is true. Well, unfortunately, that fell by the wayside, but I still love to read.

I really like Francine Rivers. In fact, in my opinion, The Atonement Child, should be required reading for every freshman girl as they enter college. I have read it about a hundred times. Okay, so not a hundred...but close. Most recently, I finished The Last Sin Eater, and The Scarlet Thread. Both books lived up to my first impression of Rivers talent. So, just in case you need a good book to read, check them out.

I also have to suggest that you go out and hunt down The Yada Yada Prayer Group series by Neta Jackson. I loved them all...and can't wait for the 5th book to come out this summer.

I try to have a book to read all the time, and have just started Sisterchicks by Robin Jones Gunn and have Leota's Garden by Francine Rivers on standby. I will let you all know what I think once I finish them.

If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to share them. Keep in mind, though, I like Romance and Comedy most of the time, but I don't like smut. Haha!!! It has to be tasteful. I also like suspense on some occasions.

Keep reading everyone. It helps to keep the mind sharp! And if you have a family history of dementia and alzhiemer's disease like me, you'll try anything to hold out a little longer!

Happy Reading!!!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I remember Book It! In fact, they still do that! My nephew has a free pizza coupon on the fridge.

About the weight thing...you could probably win.. I mean, come on. If they can sue McDonald's and Oreo's, then you have it made! Haha!!!