Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Summer Update

As I was navigating the Internet today, I realized that it has been quite some time since my last blog post. I've told you all before, and I will tell you again...I'm just not that good at keeping up with my blog. It isn't because I don't want to. I just get distracted easily. But, I digress...

It has been a very full summer for us, as I am sure it is for many of you. With baseball, VBS, vacation, and now preparing for "Back to School," it seems that there just isn't enough time in the day to accomplish all that I want to. But, it's been a lot of fun. There have been hundreds of pictures taken, thousands of laughs laughed and several tears cried. All in all, it's been a great summer.

The hard part of summer has been the waiting, and unfortunately, I will be waiting for some time to come. Soon after my miscarriage, Darrin and I decided that we were going to try again, as soon as the doc gave us the go ahead. We are thankful that I have been given the all clear, and we can begin trying for a baby again. There is always the chance of another miscarriage, and that scares me. But, here we are...at that place again, praying for God's blessing. We're being a little more specific this time, though. Before we prayed for a baby. This time, we are praying for a healthy baby, carried to term, that will continue to bless our family for the years to come. :o) haha!!!

I think God can read the fun-loving sarcasm in that request, and I thank Him for bringing me to this place. A few weeks ago, I couldn't be that relaxed about it all. It's truly the grace of God that has brought me through. I can't wait to be able to tell all of you that God has blessed us with a child. I know that it will happen, and I pray that it is soon.

No comments: