Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Movement...

Well...it is finally happening. We are moving forward in the journey of foster care/adoption.

This past fall/winter, Darrin and I participated in and completed our PS-MAPP classes. Then, just this past month, we completed our First Aid training and CPR certification. And now...we have the initial walk through scheduled...for THIS WEEK!

I am so excited!!!!!

No, this is not the plan that I had in my mind when we first contemplated having a family. I thought that we would get married and have kids of our own. Babies...lots of babies! Never did I imagine how difficult it would be to get pregnant. Thankfully, we have been blessed with a child of out own, and oh how wonderful he is. Still, we want more. Our 7 year journey has brought us to the realization that we can still grow our family, even if I can't get pregnant.

So here we are now. Diving in to our licensing paperwork, completing the training needed, and finally moving forward.

It's a beautiful thing. A little scary. But, beautiful!

Please keep us in your prayers as we proceed. We are hoping to be able to adopt through foster care. Until then, we just want to show love to the kids that are placed with us, and show them that they are worthy.

No comments: