Saturday, June 24, 2006

Time to Rant!

So...This is going to be a bit of a rant, so I am apologizing now.

What is the deal today? Do we as a society no longer respect any form of commitment? Now, I am not just talking about marriage and relationships; that is a whole other blog. I am simply talking about our commitments to others that we make every day.

It seems to me that people just don't care anymore. People say that they are going to be there...they commit to showing up, and then they don't. When you need them, they are no where to be found. Not so much as a phone call to let you know what is going on. Ugh! This is definitely one of the things that I most dislike about people.

I don't know about the rest of the world, but if I make a commitment to be somewhere, I am there. If something comes up that makes it impossible, you will receive a call from me and a real explination. Why is my behavior so rare? I am sure that there are other people out there whose parents taught the same thing.

If you make a commitment to someone...Keep it! Let's take a little pride in our ability to commit, and show a little respect for those around us.

That's my two cents. Spend it wisely.

No comments: