Friday, March 23, 2012

Random questions...

Oh dear...I have been tagged. Well, it seems innocent enough and could be a lot of fun, so here goes:

There are five rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions.
5. Tag 5 friends and go to their blog/twitter and tell them that you've tagged them.



Photo of myself:








This was at this year's Women of Faith in KC. We went to dinner across the street at Power&Light. One of our lovely ladies suggested this place, and we were seated right next to the stripper pole. Appropriate for the day, don't ya think? Hahaha!!















11 Random things about me:



1. I didn't watch Titanic until about 5 years AFTER the movie was released.



2. I love photography. Although I am just a mere hobby photographer, I absolutely love it!!!



3. I am extremely competitive. This makes it very hard to be a "sit on the sidelines" kind of mom, but I am trying to keep it under control.



4. One of my guilty pleasure TV shows is Will & Grace. I still love that show!!!



5. My husband and I are in the licensing process for foster care/adoption.



6. I sang in my school choir through my junior year.


7. My first car (that I bought on my own) was a 1985 Toyota Camry. It was boxy and brown and all around ugly. But I loved that car.



8. While I wouldn't consider myself a girlie-girl in most areas of life, I have an obsession with purses and shoes. If only I had the money to feed that obsession...



9. I really dislike my cell phone, but am too cheap to purchase another one. I always suffer through my contract until I can get a cheap one. (Which is probably why I usually dislike my phones so much. Haha!!!)

10. I hate cleaning my house, but like to vacuum.

11. I never spend more that $10 on sunglasses. I always loose them, drop them, or break them.


Eleven questions from Marcey Combs:

1. Why do you blog? I started blogging a while back just to release some of the wanderings of my mind, and it has been a good release for me. I take a time off quite often, but always find myself blogging again when I start over-thinking.



2. What is your go to meal when in a time crunch? Pasta. Usually either spaghetti or chicken and rotini.



3. What is your favorite color and why? Hmmm...I think I would have to say yellow. I don't have a lot of it in my wardrobe, but I have always liked yellow. It's just a happy color. It's makes me smile.

4. What is the last thing you watched on TV? Good Morning America. (I watch parts of it just about every week day.)

5. If you could change one thing in the world, what would it be? Wow...this one is tough. There are so many things that I would like to change. War...hunger...fear...hatred...ignorance... The perfect Sunday School answer would have been to have God change all hearts and everyone believe in Him. But that isn't going to happen, because God wouldn't do that. That choice has been given to us. So, I think if I could only make one change, I would make people LOVE more. We don't all have to agree on everything, but if there was more love, there would be less hatred...less hunger...less war...less fear...

6. Who sent the last text message you received? Jill.

7. What is under your bed? Umm...I think that is where we keep the table leaf...and Darrin has a set of dumbbells under there.

8. What is your favorite time of day? NOT mornings. Haha!!! I tend to be more of a late afternoon, early evening kind of gal.

9. If you are going to be home all day with no company, do you stay in your pjs or get dressed/ready for the day? PJs!!! It happens so rarely, I think I would totally take advantage of that. :o)

10. What did you dream about last night? Nothing that I remembered.

11: What is the strangest thing you saw recently? My son took a shower and went to bed WITHOUT complaining. :o)




Questions from me:

1. What is your favorite season and why?
2. What is your favorite movie of all time?
3. Do you still have your tonsils?
4. What was your first car?
5. How did we meet?
6. What is the #1 guilty pleasure song you have on your iPod, iPhone, MP3 etc?
7. Would your dream vacation be to the beach or the mountains?
8. If money wasn't a factor, what would your dream job/career be?
9. What is your favorite snack?
10. If you were going to paint your living room, what color would you choose and why?
11. What is the one item in your home (excluding people or pets) that you would save first if there was a fire?

Whew! Finished. Well, almost. Now...who to tag??? How about Andrea, Amanda, Sarah, Scott, and Matt.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

nicely done.

Andrea J. said...

Just saw this...doing it now :)