Monday, June 11, 2012

It has been a while.

Not only have I not written anything here, but I haven't read many blogs lately either.

It's not that I don't like to stay up on things, or that I am avoiding my friends.  It's not that I don't have things to write about.  It's not even a time crunch.  Sure, there have been plenty of things that have filled my days and kept me busy.  But I can't even use that as an excuse.  I don't really know how to explain it.  I just haven't written.

Let me bring you up to speed...

Darrin and I have been working towards becoming foster parents.  This started last year, we completed our initial classes and training, and found an agency to work with.  Well, as of April 6th, we were foster parents welcoming our first placement at 11:30pm.  They were a set of adorable young boys; siblings.  There were definitely some challenges, but we did our bet to work through them.  Sadly, after two months, we had to make the decision to disrupt.  I never thought that it would be quite as difficult as it was to say good-bye to these boys.  That was just this weekend. 

So, now we are a home of three again.  It's just Darrin, Kris and myself again.  For how long?  Who knows?  We haven't received any calls yet, but every day is a new day.  For now, we wait to be needed again.

We are still wanting to have another child of our own, but those endeavors have been put on hold for the time being.  I have had some things come up that require medication that is not safe for pregnancy, so I had no choice but to go back on birth control.  I wasn't exactly excited about it, but, it is what it is, right?  Sometimes life throws curves.  You just have to learn how to adjust your swing. :o)  And that is what I am working on these days.  Adjusting.

That's about it...in a nut shell.  It's not a beautiful, eloquently written summary, but I just wanted to let you know that I hadn't fallen off the face of the Earth.  I am still very much here, and very much alive. 

I hope to add more later.  And hopefully with pictures.

1 comment:

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Congrats...how exciting!!