Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Final Touches

Well...it's almost here. Christmas is just days away now, and if you are like me, you are finding that there is still much to be done.

I love the holiday season. Seriously...I LOVE IT! Despite the cold, this is my favorite time of year. The lights on houses, beautifully decorated Christmas trees, shopping for that perfect gift...it's all wonderful. It never fails, however, that even this close the Christmas, I find that I haven't finished all of my Christmas shopping, there are still cookies to bake, and we still haven't nailed down all of our family plans and are kind of flying by the seat of our pants. I don't know why I wait so long. Every year it's the same thing. I tell myself to start early, and I have every intention to do so. But, somehow, I find myself at this very place...dreading the mass of procrastinators that I will be joining in the stores.

So, my goal for the weekend is simple...put on all of the finishing touches. I have made my list, and checked it twice (a little trick I learned from Santa). It IS possible to reach my goal this weekend, but it will take great effort. I don't much like crowded shopping areas, but there is little choice now.

Wish me luck!
I'm goin' in!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

No comments: