Thursday, February 04, 2010

HSG...the quickest way to spend $1100

Yes...I spent that much money.

My husband and I decided that it was time to move on to the next step in our journey to have another child. That step was an Hysterosalpingogram (HSG).

An HSG is an x-ray procedure in which they inject dye to look for any blockages or abnormalities in your uterus or fallopian tubes. I has been warned, so I kind of new what I was getting myself into, but I'm not sure there is any way to fully prepare. I was told that it was a fairly quick procedure, but I would experience some of the worst cramping I have ever had. Well... thankfully, it was only about 1 minute total, because the cramps took my breathe away.

The good news - everything looks good. There were no abnormalities and no blockages. And, the HSG is considered diagnostic AND therapeutic. If there were any small blockages, the dye clears them. So, now we wait.

I will be going back in for a scan on day 12, to check for ovulation/healthy follicles. Then, begins the dreaded two week wait. Again.

We're hoping for the best and praying for God's blessing.

1 comment:

corinne39 said...

Kim - please know that I am praying for God's perfect timing for you and Darrin. May He fulfill the desires of your heart! We already know you are wonderful parents and we pray that he will bless you with another child. =) Julie