Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Disappinted by dishonesty

I have to say. I am disappointed.

I work hard trying to keep things in check. You know...trying to understand where others are coming from. I know that we are just mere humans on this earth, and there are things that we all do wrong. This being said, I detest dishonesty.

I find it difficult to understand why people feel they need to be dishonest over the smallest things in life. If you are sick, and just don't feel like going out, just tell me. If you don't agree with something I say, just tell me. If you want out of something that you committed to, just tell me. On most occasions, it's not that big of a deal. So, why do some of us (yes, I am including myself in this - I'm not perfect) feel the need to lie?

I find myself in yet another situation where, if people had just been honest up front, the entire situation would have been avoided. Instead, they felt that it was better to avoid and hide. Easier? Probably. Better? No!

And what really bothers me, is that it involves someone who claims to be a minister.

Disclaimer: I am not talking about any of the staff of my church. In fact, I don't know which church this minister is associated with.

Still...a minister. Really? This is a person who is supposed to be a shepherd. Bringing others to Christ, living as an example of Him. They are the teachers of religion and faith. They are supposed to lead the rest of us. I know that none of us are equal to Christ, but we're supposed to strive to be like Him. And, while I am not a Bible scholar, I don't recall Christ telling lies to avoid trouble. He did the exact opposite. Christ told truth no matter what the cost, all in love.

I just really disturbs me when I see things like this happening. I know, I know. We are all human. We all make mistakes. I just hope that this minister realizes that they are spinning a web of lies, and helping to tear down a part of His kingdom, and making it harder for Christians to reach others. Another unfortunate part of being human, is that we learn from experience. So, when we are lied to be those claiming to be followers of Christ, examples of Him, why would we want any part of that?

It's doubtful that the person I am speaking of will ever read this, and that's fine. I just needed to express my disappointment.

And, if you do read this, Minister...I am praying for you. Not in a discriminatory, spiteful manner, but in a spirit of love. I hope that you find whatever it is that you are needing to find. Just please try to remember, when you claim the name of Christ, you are an extension of Him. Strive to be like him.

Loving, honest, and faithful.

No comments: